Marriage Licenses

Marriage License

The license fee is $40. (Cash, check, or  money order only)
  1. Both parties must apply together in-person at the Town Clerk's Office, by appointment only between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.  Please call 845-795-5100 Ext. 4 to make an appointment.  
  2. Photo ID is required (valid driver's license or valid passport), in addition to your Social Security Card and Original Birth Certificate.  Passports do not take the place of birth certificates.
  3. If divorced, the original certified signed divorce decree(s) must be shown, stating the location where filed.
  4. If widowed, the death certificate is required.
  5. Marriage license becomes valid after 24 hours. It must be used within 60 days.
  6. The license may only be used for New York State ceremonies.
  7. All documents must be in English. It is the responsibility of the couple to seek translations for documents in foreign languages.
  8. Please be aware of your surname options (see brochure below) and be clear what you want your surname to be when you apply.