The license fee is $40. (cash, check, or money order only)
- Both parties must apply together in-person at the Town Clerk's Office, by appointment only between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Please call 845-795-5100 Ext. 4 to make an appointment.
- Identification Requirements:
- Photo ID is required - Valid Driver's License/Non-Driver ID or Valid Passport
- Original Certified or Certified Copy of Birth Certificate (no photocopies)
- Social Security Card
- If divorced, ALL original certified signed divorce decree(s) must be shown, stating the location and date filed. (no photocopies)
- If widowed, the death certificate is required. (no photocopies)
- Marriage license becomes valid after 24 hours and must be used within 60 days.
- The license may only be used for New York State ceremonies.
- All documents must be in English. It is the responsibility of the couple to seek translations for documents in foreign languages.
- Please be aware of your surname options (see brochure below) and be clear what you want your surname to be when you apply.
One-Day Marriage Officiant License
Legislation (S.739A/A.6300A) Creates Pathway for Lay Individuals to Become One-Day Marriage Officiants Capable of Performing a Marriage in the State of New York
- A One-Day Marriage Officiant shall be eighteen years of age or over and need not be a resident of the town or city to which they apply or a resident of New York State. A One-Day Marriage Officiant shall have the authority to solemnize a marriage anywhere in New York State.
- An applicant for a One-Day Marriage Officiant License must apply for such license from the same clerk's office that the couple to be married was issued their marriage license.
- The fee for a One-Day Marriage Officiant License is $25.00. (cash, check, or money order only)
- A One-Day Marriage Officiant License shall only be valid for the parties to be married as stated on the application and shall expire upon the earlier of either completion of such solemnization or the expiration of the marriage license.
Click here for the Town of Marlborough, NY - One-Day Marriage Officiant License Application with instructions.